A players cache can become corrupted overtime on the PlayStation 4 system which can lead to graphical corruptions and crashes in game. Many cases of this can be resolved by clearing the cache of the PS4 system. Players can clear their cache by:
- Turning their PlayStation 4 off (full power cycle, not rest mode)
- Unplugging the PlayStation 4 for 30 seconds
- Plugging the PlayStation 4 back in and turning it on
If the game data itself has become corrupted this can often be addressed by deleting the game data and re-installing from the disc/PSN. To delete the game data:
This will not delete your saved game or wipe your progress on the platform. If you delete your saved game for Killing Floor 2 you WILL wipe your progress. Make a back up locally or via PSN just in case.
- Go to Settings in the XrossMedia Bar
- Choose "Application Saved Data Management"
- Select "Saved Data in System Storage"
- Choose the "Delete" option
- Choose the Killing Floor 2 saved data and follow any prompts to delete