A player's cache can become corrupted overtime on the PlayStation 4 system which can lead to graphical corruptions and crashes in-game. Many cases of this can be resolved by clearing the cache of the PS4 system. Players can clear their cache by:
- Turning their PlayStation 4 off (full power cycle, not rest mode)
- Unplugging the PlayStation 4 for 30 seconds
- Plugging the PlayStation 4 back in and turning it on
If the game data itself has become corrupted this can often be addressed by deleting the game data and re-installing from the disc/PSN. To delete the game data:
This will not delete your saved game or wipe your progress on the platform. If you delete your saved game you WILL wipe your progress. Make a back up locally or via PSN just in case.
- Go to Settings in the XrossMedia Bar
- Choose "Application Saved Data Management"
- Select "Saved Data in System Storage"
- Choose the "Delete" option
- Choose the game saved data and follow any prompts to delete